Monday, July 16, 2012

TIME TO SAY FAREWELL GUANTANAMO BAY..........

NOB HILL, GTMO CUBA


Our house in GTMO was quiet and peaceful. From the moment I walked through the front door, I KNEW that I was home...





LIVING ROOM AREA
I decorated the house light and free. I wanted to come home to SIMPLE THINGS
Comfortable things...










MASTER BEDROOM


We loved sleeping in this bed..I had the best rest that I had ever experienced..







MY FAVORITE ROOM OF THE HOUSE




I believe that our family was praying more, doing more, relaxing more and RESTING MORE.....




VIEW FROM THE SIDE OF THE HOUSE


I AM GRATEFUL FOR OUR TIME IN GUANTANAMO BAY CUBA











VIEW FROM THE FRONT DOOR

Thank you Father for giving us so much beauty to see everyday that we were  blessed to be in Guantanamo Bay....

Thank you for giving me the strength to walk day after day and experience the beauty of the sun rising...

THE PATIO WAS RELAXING

WHEN I LIVED THERE, I could see and feel your compassion in all aspects of my life...









WE HAD OUR MEALS HERE

I pray that everyone has a wonderful day!!







FAREWELL GTMO WE WILL MISS YOU



 

LASHON CAMPBELL RESIDES IN OCEANWAY, FLORIDA WITH HER HUSBAND A NAVY MASTER CHIEF AND 2 OF THEIR 3 CHILDREN.

LASHON CAMPBELL
MOTHER OF 3
USN VETERAN

9 comments:

  1. I absolutely loved my time in Guantanamo Bay Cuba.... It was an amazing journey and an amazing chance for my husband Patrick and I to re-connect...Sometimes I look at my photos and a piece of my heart is pulled outside of my body.... It is truly a beautiful place to be stationed at..I will treasure my memories there as well as the wonderful friends I was "blessed" to know...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharice Eggland Dover, DelewareJuly 27, 2012 at 4:59 AM

    Good morning to you. I have never written a comment before but I just had to. I just want for you to know that i was inspired by something that i read on your Facebook page. the note you wrote about supporting your husband was eye opening and powerful. i passed it on to as many people as i could. the concept is simple and the message was clear. thank you for making a "choice" to use this platform for positve, enlightning, spiritual and life changing information for people. because of you, i am becoming a better human being. God bless you Lashon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning to you Sharice,
      I want to thank you for stopping by the blog today and leaving this message. I myself enjoy moments when I to am uplifted..THANKS!

      Delete
  3. katie the navy wifeAugust 9, 2012 at 9:58 PM

    Hey I was wondering about living at gitmo. My husband just accepted orders there and we arent sure if I will be able to go with him yet or not. I wondered if you could give me a little insight. This will be his first deployment and its obviously overseas and im really hoping that gitmo allows spousal relocation however I cant find anything online about it. I appreciate any info you can give. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning Katie,

      I could not tell you if spouses will be able to relocate with the service member, it depends solely on the type of orders that your husband has...BUT, if you do get to go there be prepared for isolation.
      Its really a beautiful place. But you are not able to leave the base and there are limits to the amount of things that you will be able to do there. There are a lot of factors that can contribute like do you have children? do you work? are you in school? do you like to shop a lot?
      I ask these questions because there are no shops there only the NEX. Depending on the age of your children, the activities may or may not be what you expect.
      I really enjoyed my time there. So did my kids.I am not really a shopper and I like to be on the beach, sitting outside, walking and just enjoying nature. For me, it was the perfect place for our family.
      I know that this is not a lot of information, but it really depends on what your "own expectations" are of GITMO.
      I was happy just being with my husband because he was deployed quite a bit back then.

      Hope this helps, my email is :

      luvlashon@gmail.com


      if you have any more questions

      Delete
  4. katie the navy wifeAugust 10, 2012 at 12:09 PM

    I dont have any children and im not a big shopper... i like to relax and sit on the beach also. Im not in school. Id like to work if there are places to work there. I sure hope i can go with him. We are newlyweds and id hate to see him leave for 18 months without me :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like GTMO would be perfect for you Katie and I just love it there..Keep me posted and I pray that your family will be able to be together, its truly a beautiful place. We actually renewed our vows there....

      Delete
  5. I was stationed there from 1982 -1985! Loved it then, and still miss it...The beach, the weather, the neighborhoods...so many clubs to join and I was there before McDonalds! From Nob Hill where I lived, to Gold Hill Towers, Ye Old Goat Locker Lounge...a lifetime a memories!

    ReplyDelete