Wednesday, September 5, 2012

HELPING SPOUSES DEAL WITH DEPRESSION DURING DEPLOYMENT....

SPOUSES DEALING WITH DEPRESSION



Every day one of your neighbors waves goodbye as yet another deployment develops..Maybe you are wondering what are some of the things you can do to help a fellow neighbor that you suspect may be becoming depressed.


If there is someone you suspect is suffering from depression, there are some vital things that you can do to help them.







First of all, spend as much time as possible listening, helping out and just providing support. The most important thing now is for your friend to know you care.


HELP IS AHEAD  FUN TIMES ARE AHEAD



Being a supportive friend is the most important thing that you can do. However, you must also know your limitations.








After offering your assistance find ways to suggest a professional intervention.








DON'T LET THE SADNESS CONTROL YOU













If possible,find a doctor that specializes in depression..
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
1-800-273-TALK (8255)
Go to the nearest hospital or emergency room
Call your physician, health provider or clergy
National Alliance on Mental Illness
www.nami.org
1-800-950-NAMI (6264)







LASHON CAMPBELL RESIDES IN OCEANWAY, FLORIDA WITH HER HUSBAND A NAVY MASTER CHIEF AND 2 OF THEIR 3 CHILDREN.

LASHON CAMPBELL
MOTHER OF 3
USN VETERAN

7 comments:

  1. To all the spouses out there that may be suffering from Depression, I encourage you to please get help…Please stay strong and have full confidence this morning that your circumstances can change…Hold your head up because the hand of GOD IS IN EVERYTHING…..And he is EVERYWHERE…. DO NOT DESPAIR, be strong and confident knowing that with God ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE and that GOD DOES THE IMPOSSIBLE. (SMILE) god Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, I am never disappointed by one of your posts Lashon...You are one of the most caring and genuine people that I have come across. Your work with Military wives and women veterans brings hope to so many. Frankly I admire what you are doing and one day I "aspire" to be half the advocate that you have become. Women veterans everywhere thank you for supporting us… what a great post..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Joyce..you have my email so whenever you want to reach out just let me know (smile)

      Delete
  3. Depression is REAL!!! Especially around the holiday season as some of them [my hubby included] have to be away from the ones they love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura,
      At least once in a marriage to a service member, you will find yourself in that all familiar place...ALONE for the holidays..My advice would be to use that time to go visit your family and stay busy...NO MORE DEPLOYMENT BLUES!! I know you can do it Laura. Keep me posted and reach out to me if you need me...God Bless

      Delete
  4. It is a Joy Lashon to hear how our God is Blessing your lovely Family..I pray that the Rest of Your Days will be the Best Of Your Days..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently came across your blog Lashon and I have to admit that I have been reading along. (Awesome Job) I thought I would leave a comment on this one… I don’t know what to say except that I have really enjoyed reading how you have helped other spouses.

    ReplyDelete