Thursday, December 19, 2013

Books that help kids during a DEPLOYMENT

MY DAUGHTER LYRIC AND MY SON PATRICK 2013


                                         DEPLOYMENT AND OUR KIDS


I am asked repeatedly about books on helping kids cope while their parent is deployed. While doing the research I sat and read many books. Some were terrific and yet others missed the mark completely. I have complied a list of 2, YES only 2 books that I am convinced are a must have for any military household with children. 



MY MOMMY WEARS COMBAT BOOTS

The first book that I read was called: MY MOMMY WEARS COMBAT BOOTS BY: SHARON G. MCBRIDE. I can hardly contain my excitement when I read this book. So empowering to see a young mother defend our country by serving and at the same time be such a huge part of her kids life. In these times our kids are always watching and always taking note of the things they see. Such a blessing to see a book that allows a military child to embrace their mothers deployment. If you haven't read her book, please pick it up today. 

                
                                            A MUST READ BOOK




COUNTDOWN TIL' DADDY COMES HOME



The second book I read is called: COUNTDOWN 'TIL DADDY COMES HOME BY: KRISTIN AYYAR. This is not my first time reading this book. I read it for a review, read it to my grandson and then read it a third time for a group of kids facing deployment. This book has helped our family on so many levels. We appreciate a simple look at how a household, especially the military children are dealing with the separation from their father. 
Please pick it up today.


                               I LOVED READING BOTH OF THEM




THIS IS ME READING THE BOOK 2013



I recommend that you take the time to purchase BOTH of these books today. When my kids were younger, They called our deployments "long bye-byes" . (smile) Seems like such a long time ago. And as they have gotten older, we have discussed in more detail where the deployments are and what happens while their father is away. Hope this helps in your journey of finding ways to help your child cope with a deployment.





I would love to hear from you here at the blog. Send me an email, or leave a message in the comment section.








Thank you for visiting My Crazy life as a Navy Wife, the following links will help you to contact me:





Mailing address


My Crazy Life As A Navy Wife
C/O Lashon Campbell
P.O. Box #77551
Jacksonville, Florida 32226-7551


Phone Number

786-373-4764 (TEXT ONLY)


My Email address

Mycrazylifeasanavywife@yahoo.com





LASHON CAMPBELL RESIDES IN OCEANWAY, FLORIDA WITH HER HUSBAND A COMMAND MASTER CHIEF AND THEIR 3 CHILDREN.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. so blessed that you like the blog Hailey.

      Delete
  2. "We are told to let our light shine, and if it does, we won't need to tell anybody it does. Lighthouses don't fire cannons to call attention to their shining- they just shine." Dwight L. Moody (See Matt 5:16)

    ReplyDelete