Monday, March 24, 2014

DEPLOYMENTS are a UNIQUE opportunity to discuss FAITH with your children. Are you ready?



                             HAVE FAITH....YOU CAN GET THROUGH THIS



There is a saying in the military community that "EVERYTHING BAD WILL HAPPEN DURING A DEPLOYMENT". When I first got married I never wrapped my brain around things like that. My faith in God has always been my weapon for any and everything. I have been a navy wife for over 20 years and have been through numerous deployments. I have to admit that this deployment has been the absolute hardest. Everything is breaking in our home, I had a car break down and the kids are in need of BOTH of us...


LASHON CAMPBELL, NAVY WIFE


WOW! Now that I have said that, Let me explain. My youngest child is Patrick and he plays the trumpet. He really loves playing and he also has private lessons here in Jacksonville. We received great news that he was competing at the State level and he was extremely happy. One day at school he jammed his left hand while playing basketball. Well, I thought that since it was his left hand he could STILL PLAY his trumpet. I was dead wrong. His hand was sprained and one of his fingers was dislocated.





OH NO, I thought, My poor baby boy. I was more concerned about his pain and he was not. His entire focus was on STILL PLAYING his trumpet. I watched in tears as he tried over and over unsuccessfully to play his trumpet.

It did not work because playing would require him to grip the trumpet with his right hand and bend his left hand. The doctor prohibited him from playing for at least a couple of weeks as his hand would remain in a tight wrap. Talk about a rough two weeks. My son was totally lost and as his mother, I did everything in my power to lift his spirits. 



The memories are flooding back as I write this....It was really tough seeing him in so much pain....This mama had her tough face on but inside I felt all of his pain...My baby boy!

PATRICK CAMPBELL, TRUMPET PLAYER



I was wondering if any of you have went through a similar situation like this one in your home? If so, What was some of the ways you got through it? How did you ease the pain with your child? For me, I simply stayed in prayer.

GETTING HIS HAND WRAPPED


I prayed for his speedy recovery, I prayed for strength to guide him through this tough time and I prayed that my son Patrick would use this time to grow closer to God. I sat down with him and encouraged him to talk about his feelings like never before. 








I told him to smile and say THANK GOD that it was not his right hand. If it was his right hand, his recovery time would have been much longer since that is his dominate hand.






TOUGH SEEING HIM HURTING



My son Patrick is a great kid and his passion for his trumpet fills my heart and makes my spirit soar. I prayed for guidance every chance I got and THANK GOD we GOT THROUGH IT. We got through it with prayer and lots of talks. I pray that each of you will find the words of comfort for your child as you deal with the difficult circumstances that may arise.



I would love to hear from you here at the blog. Send me an email, or leave a message in the comment section.








Thank you for visiting My Crazy life as a Navy Wife, the following links will help you to contact me:





Mailing address


My Crazy Life As A Navy Wife
C/O Lashon Campbell
P.O. Box #77551
Jacksonville, Florida 32226-7551


Phone Number

786-373-4764 (TEXT ONLY)


My Email address

Mycrazylifeasanavywife@yahoo.com





LASHON CAMPBELL RESIDES IN OCEANWAY, FLORIDA WITH HER HUSBAND A COMMAND MASTER CHIEF AND THEIR 3 CHILDREN.



6 comments:

  1. Seeing my son in so much pain was really powerful. Lots of tears and emotion. Praying for all those who may be hurting today. Rest in God's love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that nobody in the world (who isn't a mother) can imagine what you are going through when you see your child in pain and you can't make him well. Hopefully, you will both be strong enough to overcome this situations. Better times will certainly come. Be safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Irene @findaupair,

      Thank you so much. I really enjoyed reading your reply. We are tough. Mothers are there for every cry, hurt and all of the pain. No manuals just a huge heart for our babies. Boy I wish I could take away all of his pain. thanks again for writing.

      Delete
    2. You are so strong. I wish you all the best and I hope your son is doing well! I hope he can still play the trumpet, because it would be sad for him to waist his talent

      Delete
  3. Diana K. MorrisonMarch 28, 2014 at 4:25 PM

    Reading this made me cry. It reminded me of my son breaking his leg when his team made the playoffs. It was a tough time for us. thank you for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diana,

      Oh my, your son broke his leg. I pray that all is well now. thanks for stopping by and adding to the discussion.

      Delete