Sunday, March 30, 2014

PROUD of my husband running in his first 15K




My husband Patrick had back surgery a few years ago and recovered well with prayer, great doctors and lots of hard work. The past couple of years he has not pushed the envelope and as his wife, I have been extremely grateful for this fact. 



 CMDCM PATRICK CAMPBELL BEFORE HIS SURGERY 


I worry all the time that he is pushing himself way to hard. His RECOVERY was a tough time for this family but we emerged STRONGER than ever. 




                     Our faith in God and our love got us through that surgery. 








As a couple we prayed about this decision. I had to pray about this decision and make sure I was able to be as positive as possible for my husband Patrick.






 CMDCM PATRICK CAMPBELL AND HIS WIFE LASHON

 AS HIS WIFE, I PRAYED TIRELESS FOR HIM




I tell you, Being  supportive and standing by him during this race was the best decision that I have ever made. I THANK YOU father for loving my husband and watching over him. There was never a moment that we did not feel his arms around us lifting us up and carrying us at times. The race is over, but our faith is continuously growing with each passing day. 



                                       HE FINISHED WITH NO INJURIES

 CMDCM PATRICK CAMPBELL


SO here we are. My husband Patrick has come full circle and YES, He just completed his first 15K. That is right, He completed his first 15K. I am so PROUD of my husband and all of the hard work that it took for him to get to this point. So glad we talked about this race in a way that made us both feel relieved. So glad I supported him. I love you Patrick! 



                 I AM SO PROUD OF YOU CMDCM PATRICK CAMPBELL


CMDCM PATRICK CAMPBELL (ON LEFT)



We checked with the doctor and got the red light and that is when his training for the race began. He stretched, he ran and he put in the hard work. With him being so far away, I was not able to see him everyday training, but I was able to follow his progress through Facebook entries and his phone calls home. I wish that I was there with him....




 CMDCM PATRICK CAMPBELL


Patrick continued to train and developed a race goal. His personal race goal motivated him and kept him going on those days when his body was failing him. His workouts intensified and kept him focused. This is no easy task I know. As his wife I have witnessed his work ethnic and knew he would do this race with great results. My kids and I were so excited about Patrick's participation.

 Oh how we wished we could be on the side line screaming, "GO PATRICK, GO!'




 CMDCM PATRICK CAMPBELL




We were unable to do this, but cheered him on from here in Florida. I just want to say a special thank you and Congratulations to all of the dedicated Marathon participants....



 CMDCM PATRICK CAMPBELL RUNNING HIS FIRST 15K MARCH 2014



I have had a lot of fun writing this blog entry. I am so proud to be his wife and his cheerleader. All of the wonderful thoughts concerning this 15K has brought me so much joy. Maybe you have a friend or family member that is about to participate in a marathon. I would love to hear from you and your experience. Have a wonderful day.







 CMDCM PATRICK CAMPBELL



 
I would love to hear from you here at the blog. Send me an email, or leave a message in the comment section.








Thank you for visiting My Crazy life as a Navy Wife, the following links will help you to contact me:





Mailing address


My Crazy Life As A Navy Wife
C/O Lashon Campbell
P.O. Box #77551
Jacksonville, Florida 32226-7551


Phone Number

786-373-4764 (TEXT ONLY)


My Email address

Mycrazylifeasanavywife@yahoo.com





LASHON CAMPBELL RESIDES IN OCEANWAY, FLORIDA WITH HER HUSBAND A COMMAND MASTER CHIEF AND THEIR 3 CHILDREN.


3 comments:

  1. In the weeks leading up to the race I would get all wrapped up in emotion until I remembered to give it back to God again. And again, the peace would cover me. Even when it hurts, God is enough! Even with an uncertain future, we can trust His faithfulness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is good all the time, all the time God is good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning to you Angela. so glad you decided to stop by today. thanks for the comment,

      Delete