Friday, February 6, 2015

THE VALUE OF DINING TOGETHER AS A FAMILY

http://mycrazylifeasanavywife.blogspot.com/


We love when my husband Patrick is home. Our dinner time together has become a time to talk to our kids about any and everything. Because my husband Patrick is deployed so often, We treasure our moments together as a family. Cooking has become quite the adventure in our house. Recently my husband prepared our steaks to perfection and the smell from the grill was delightful.... That's when the kids and I decided to prepare a nice salad to go with our steaks.

http://mycrazylifeasanavywife.blogspot.com/
                                              LYRIC AND LASHON CAMPBELL 2011


We made a simple salad with tomatoes, lettuce,cucumbers,cheese and carrots. We had lots of fun talking about my life growing up in Chicago. Even though it was only a few moments in time..The kids still enjoyed spending time with us and listening to stories of when we were younger. I love every moment I have with them. I also understand the value of family dining. FAMILY DINING is very important to the Campbell Family. We have treasured our dinner time and become to develop a tradition of sharing and expression.

http://mycrazylifeasanavywife.blogspot.com/
                                             PATRICK CAMPBELL MAKING A SALAD

Our time together talking has given the children a opportunity to connect as siblings as well as bonding with us. Deployments are right around the corner, so it is these times that you must treasure. DINNERS AT THE TABLE has helped us grow closer together and the entire experience has unified us even more. Thank you father for allowing us this chance in our lives to spend so much time together.
What are some of your experiences as a family cooking together? I invite you to share your own experiences here on my blog. God Bless.





http://mycrazylifeasanavywife.blogspot.com/






Originally Posted: 9/9/2011







I would love to hear from you here at the blog. Send me an email, or leave a message in the comment section.








Thank you for visiting My CRAZY Life, the following links will help you to contact me:






http://mycrazylifeasanavywife.blogspot.com/
Mailing address


My CRAZY Life
C/O Lashon Campbell
P.O. Box #77551
Jacksonville, Florida 32226-7551


Phone Number

904-438-2455 (TEXT ONLY)


My Email address

Mycrazylifeasanavywife@yahoo.com





LASHON CAMPBELL RESIDES IN OCEANWAY, FLORIDA WITH HER HUSBAND A COMMAND MASTER CHIEF AND THEIR 3 CHILDREN.

9 comments:

  1. Wonderful AND true post! Michael and I had decided before we were married that sit-down family dinners would be the norm at our house. For the past 11+ years we have enjoyed many many meals together and with our precious children. As you mentioned, the time together around the dinner table is priceless. It is a time where the guard is down, the stomach is happy, and family can just be family. One major important thing we also decided those many years ago is that we would always partake of the "LIVING WORD" to fill our spirit while we fill our natural bellies. So every time our family sits at the table to dine, we also read the living Word of God as this is the needful thing. Thanks again for your post, I love the way you guys love God and value family!
    Blessings,
    Carlie K.
    www.soyoucallyourselfahomeschooler.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spending time together as a family UNITES and brings everyone together to talk, listen and bond. It also gives parents the unique chance to talk about the bible, to pray or to study the bible. Everynight my family spend time reading one selected verse a night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Joyce...Good Morning to you. What a great idea...Reading the bible as a family at night. What are the ages of your children? The reason I asked was because the younger you start them out reading the bible the easier it will be. Our kids retain everything and The Bible is an excellent "First Book". Thanks for stopping by here at my blog. I loved your comment and I hope you come back soon. Thanks and God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Carlie...I am so happy to call you friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHAT IS YOUR SECRET BECAUSE MY KIDS ARE NOT INTERESTED!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the way your family incorporates God everyday!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Valerie...I spend time at dinner talking with the kids and I find its really the only time that all of us are really together...So I use that time to keep them talking!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lashon, you have one good blog here. please continue inspiring others. Have a good day and God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Campbell family tries extremely hard to sit down, eat together and pray together...I admit that sometimes its a huge challenge. Football, band, honor society to name a few...We make it a priority to sit together as a family. Thank you father for all you do for this family....Family and God what a wonderful combination...Praying for all families today.....

    ReplyDelete