Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Are your kids READY for Another DEPLOYMENT

http://mycrazylifeasanavywife.blogspot.com/

I received 14 letters and 66 emails this month alone 
concerning kids and coping with deployment. this 
blog post was originally written 1/31/15, 2:19 AM 
Thought it might be the perfect time to re-publish.
 God Bless Lashon Campbell

Oh boy! Its that time again...Are you ready for another deployment? I guess I should really ask, Are your children ready for another Deployment? This can be a really tough time for our kids when one or both of their parents deploy. 



http://mycrazylifeasanavywife.blogspot.com/



Before I begin I just want to thank all of you for stopping by the blog today. I am always blessed by your company here and my prayer today is that we can learn something from each other. Thank you Father for the love and peace I feel writing on this blog and sharing my life with so many. 



http://mycrazylifeasanavywife.blogspot.com/



I am grateful that we are a praying family and we always put God first. I PRAY that you have found the tools that work for you and your family with each deployment. This is a great way for us to share and especially with our kids as we stare at ANOTHER Deployment. 


http://mycrazylifeasanavywife.blogspot.com/


In all of these years, I have tried as a mother to Share my feelings both good and bad with my children when their father Patrick is deployed. It has got to be the toughest time for me as their mother trying to solve everything alone. I myself had to ask for support through the years so why should our kids be any different? The kids need us to. I mean they REALLY need us now. They have so many fears and questions for us so we have to make sure we are ready and able to reassure them that everything is going to be OK. 




http://mycrazylifeasanavywife.blogspot.com/


I love when my kids ask questions about an upcoming deployment, it helps ease a lot of anxiety and opens up to even more dialogue.
 (That's what we really want RIGHT?) 
So make sure that you Encourage your kids to ask questions and answer them as thorough as possible. Pray and know that our Father always sees us through AND not only that, He lifts us up even in the most difficult times! YES, He will make a way....Feel the PEACE that those words entail.


http://mycrazylifeasanavywife.blogspot.com/


I SMILE thinking about all of the POSITIVE things that you as a parent can accomplish during this deployment. I was just thinking that when my kids were younger, I decided to sit down with them daily and encourage them to express their feelings. We even started a PRAYER Journal and I made time for each of my kids separately AND together. I thank God for those moments with them. What A blessing from God to be a mother. 


http://mycrazylifeasanavywife.blogspot.com/


Maybe you can spend time during this deployment creating AND maintaining a journal with your kids. Our God gives us many opportunities to show our kids LOVE and this is perfect way to do just that. I would love to hear how creating a journal with your children has brought your family closer to God. Until then, I will be praying for you.








I would love to hear from you here at the blog. Send me an email, or leave a message in the comment section.








Thank you for visiting My CRAZY Life, the following links will help you to contact me:






http://mycrazylifeasanavywife.blogspot.com/
Mailing address


My CRAZY Life
C/O Lashon Campbell
P.O. Box #77551
Jacksonville, Florida 32226-7551


Phone Number

904-438-2455 (TEXT ONLY)


My Email address

Mycrazylifeasanavywife@yahoo.com





LASHON CAMPBELL RESIDES IN OCEANWAY, FLORIDA WITH HER HUSBAND A COMMAND MASTER CHIEF AND THEIR 3 CHILDREN.

4 comments:

  1. Deployments can destroy a family if you are not diligent in keeping the family connected. TALK, TALK and talk some more with your kids and let them express the way that they are feeling inside. you will be glad you did. God Bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never lose faith, THAT'S the key

    ReplyDelete
  3. Family is the most important thing to us...We always find a way to make it through hard deployments...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gary Simmons, Camp LejeuneApril 25, 2015 at 6:11 PM

    Nice Family portrait!!

    ReplyDelete